Thursday, July 14, 2011

July's ODBDLYLS7 Challenge

This month's ODBD Let Your Light Shine Scrapbook challenge is :  create a layout of any size using at least one circle, ODBD stamps, and your favorite color or a color in your photo(s).

I took some inspiration from one of my top fave scrappers , Keisha Campbell ,for this layout. 
Trying out the white on kraft look as well as putting the EK Success Jumbo scalloped punch to good use. 

The ODBD stamps I used here are : 
Each Minute - for the journalling
and the Dahlia stamp from their Garden Collection. 

I quite like the effect of the Dahlia stamp 
in different Distress Inks on the small mailing tag banner. 

Did a little misting and masking using the new MR Kraft Doily with TA's Chalkboard Mists in Firefly & Apricot. 
I simply used the misted on kraft doily when it's dry for my photo corner.
There's a little Tim Holtz tissue tape butterfly border . Love how translucent it is . 
A simple and quick layout to finish . ;) 

8 comments:

Kim said...

totally love the layered tags here Pearl!!

BabyBokChoy said...

LOVE LOVE what you did with the tags, the misted area and the template, and good to see you my friend!! :)

Jennifer Shaw said...

Pearl I totally LOVE everything about this LO!!!! The stamping, the tags and twine and the amazing border!! Love the kraft and white look!! A wonderful photo of you!! :)

Yeah lots of goodies coming from this CHA! Hoping I can contain myself. I am finally feeling good about where my stash level is at. I am trying to look at things and consider what is really what I have already had something similar to. Maybe another round of just having a taste of a few items is a good idea. I caved this month and actually ordered the Studio Calico kit. First time ever and I have been drooling over them every month for over a year. I am in love!!

Ella Swan said...

Pearl this layout is most definitely my favourite thing you have ever created! Wow girl - the very first thing I thought is "Keisha Campbell" !!! Before I even read it! YOu should tell her to take a look - I'm sure she would be flattered!! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog - especially the last one - yes you should be congratulating yourself - I do the same thing - everyone thinks I work full time - and they are right - I do!!!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

This is beautiful, Pearl! I love the kraft on white and all the misting and the tags, and your photo...well I guess I love it all~! :)

Lynette Jacobs said...

Very beautiful...the tags and the misting...just perfect.

my paper love studio said...

love love love this!!!

Christiane said...

pearl, this is divine!!!!! :)))))