Thursday, January 27, 2011

TCR#43


Here's the last Shimmerz color paint palette up & running over at the Color Room this week. 
Unique color combos like this always helps me dig into my fave Rouge De Garance stash
for an urbane chic vibe. 



Some leftover Hambly overlay I thought would add on to the edgy vibe here , also unearthed a long forgotten 
Pink Paislee Petal ( last one I have ) amongst my RDG stash.


Some of the latest Such Sweet Tierney Buttons ( from the Baby & Moustache mix ! ) -
always my go to embellies for fun circular elements - don't know how I might survive without them now. 
& using up every drop of my white Liquid Applique turned off white with age ! 
A whole tube goes a mighty long way this Liquid Applique - 
guess I might buy it back when I'm done with my first ever tube.
My sweet 16 niece here , Jo with a friend at a recent openhouse checking out the next steps of her educational future. Exciting times ahead for her, 16 going on 17 ! 

10 comments:

Kim said...

oooo delish delish colour scheme, I am totally loving the slight grungy feel to this one Pearl

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Exciting and volatile! That's what I thought when I saw this layout. It is perfect for this time in your niece's life. Wonderful work. Pearl.

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, what a fun and artsy page, Pearl! Every time I see those color room palettes, I think there's no way I could do it, but you rock it every time. This is fabulous. Love the bit of Hambly you mixed in, too.

Jennifer Shaw said...

Pearl this page is amazing!! Like I always say, YOU are an artiste!!! Love hearing how you are using up your stash! It inspires me to keep doing the same!!!

BabyBokChoy said...

such a fun and funky page, the colors are so so beautiful!!

Ella Swan said...

Funky layout here Pearl - glad that you are reworking some of your older stash so marvellously into your new creations - that's the key hey!

tania said...

such an creative layout! love it! tell me, something, i have also joined the colour room, but not yet submitted anything, do you work only according to the colours or is there a sketch too??

Christiane said...

thanks for the reminder on rouge de garance!! i remember more than a lot of papers here!! ;)
it's fab what YOU did with it and the color scheme!!

Wendy Kwok said...

very bold colors!!! nice use of the black to balance up!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

awesome colour combo!! This is so beautiful. Really loving your TCR layouts, Pearl! :)