Thursday, January 20, 2011

TCR#42 - I promise

Here is this week's Color Palette at the Color Room , once again inspired by colors of Shimmerz products . 
There is also a challenge extension - to scraplift a fave Color Room designer or member . 
Lots & lots of wonderful artistes to be inspired by at the Color Room- 
I picked an amazing Brazilian artiste - 
Solange Marque - check out her gallery here 
Definitely no easy task at all emulating Solange's style but I certainly know who to turn to again & again to get a push on artistic boundaries ! 
I do Love her bold use of color, mediums & amazing textures .
I did use a coupla of mediums here - glimmer mists , distress inks,
 glimmer glam chandelier - for some soft glitter , 
alcohol ink on the acetate scroll label
 at the corner of the photo ,splatters of Shimmerz Pearlz Blue by You .


I modpodged in some cotton gauze for some texture with a difference and that blended with some glimmer mists in the background in the process .

Much thanks to Solange, for her wonderful inspiration !

6 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Totally awesome! I saw this at TCR as well and it's a stand out!!! :D

Audrey Pettit said...

Love, love the dreamy quality of this page, Pearl! SO artsy, fun. Love the angle of your photo to go along with your theme, and love all the medium techniques you used. the gauze looks so cool. I also love your masking tape journaling spot. :)

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wow...I would never have imagined that gauze can look that good on a layout...well done Pearly Girly;-)

xx

Christiane said...

all i can say is WOW & COOLIO!!!!
have a fab weekend, girl!!

Kim said...

I AM TOTALLY in LOVE with that gauze, It looks amazing!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Love this, Pearl! Loving the colours and the texture. I adore your Christmas Island layout too - awesome!! And yep, I'm slowly putting all my Singapore purchases to use! :)