Friday, January 07, 2011

Raindrops keep falling on my head ?


That's what I keep thinking when I look at this DD's teenage gal pals' pic . 
I've missed Burt Bacharach too - in fact - check out the youtube link below - if you're like me . 
Love the polka dotted umbrellas here - 
bought very inexpensively - just S$2 ( abt USD 1.60 ) 


Lots of fun things I wanted to try out on this layout- 
3 D white paint on the Magistical Memories' chipboard clouds -
after painting them with Chandelier Glimmer Glam first - for just a hint of soft glitter.
Some tone on tone on kraft - using the MR Kraft doilies in a fun new way behind the clouds - added some stamping in Walnut distress ink for an imperfect look . 
Love these flourish designs. 


I played with some cotton gauze & misted them in the colors I wanted - 
 I used Mod Podge to stick the gauze down .
& while I was at it with the Mod Podge - 
I used it with the Shabby Green Door pps here - after water distressing them first. 
Loads of messy fun ! 

16 comments:

Jacque said...

WOW Pearl this LO is stunning, I love it :)

Unknown said...

Um... that
is
amazing!
The treatment on the bottom half of the page that is... WOW!

tania said...

pearlie!!girlie!! this is super stunning!! love your border:)

Kim said...

I wish you would STOP.....I keep finding NEW FABOURITES of yours STUNNING Pearl!

T.W said...

Whoa... *-* That's amazing... It looks like it's been raining on the bottom part, squishing together under the weight of the raindrops... Such beautiful work! <3

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

love the design of this page, Pearl! Love those cute umbrellas too :)

BabyBokChoy said...

Is this a set up? that you made these adorable girls hold up umbrellas for your perfect layout? hmmmmm.... cute cute cute :) love the flowers for accents, totally adorable.

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love the design of this page and the richness of the ribbon and flower border.

Susan said...

Hi Pearl, I've just spent some time looking through your blog. Your work is so original and VERY beautiful! You really are an artist. Wishing you all the best for 2011 !! :-)

Christiane said...

love love love all the gorgeousness in your last posts!!
wow!!

Arlene Camacho said...

beautiful design, Pearl!!! :swoon:

you amaze me with your talent.

Wendy Kwok said...

wonderful LO! Love the tearing, the seam binding add together!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! LOVE this, Pearl! What amazing texture this page has. SO love the chipboard clouds and the yummy gauzy look.

marimari said...

Fantastic and so dreamy!!
Your page is really nice!!!

ellen s. said...

oh gosh how FUN!!!!!!!!!!!! i love all that amazing texture, pearl :)

Ella Swan said...

Hi Pearl! Back home after 2 weeks offline away. So happy to be back on the blogs & yours looks as beautiful as ever! Congrats on getting 2011 off to such a great scrappy start & I will be back to study all your achievements in more detail as soon as I get the kids back to school next week. Wishing you all the best for the new year ;-D