Monday, January 17, 2011

Magistical Memories' March Guest Design Team sketch challenge


Here's the sketch for this month's Guest Designer challenger over 
at Magistical Memories . 



DD had a great opportunity  to go on her school's yearly ecology trip to 
Christmas Island last November and of course there were plenty of pictures taken 
during the trip and a great reason to use the sketch. 

I thought I'd extend the use of the Magistical Memories' flower scroll design 
by cutting apart the flower from the scroll portion. 
I then used the scroll portion as a mask and used different Maya Mists to mist
  on 2 manila shipping tags,which I have added to the layout here. 


I am loving the new MR Antique metallic mists - patina and bronze -
 they take on more than one color depending what you spray the mist on . 


Had some fun misting in the title for a change . 

9 comments:

Jacque said...

Awesome Lo Pearl:)

Kim said...

Just delightful Pearl!more gorgeous goregous misting too !!!

Helen Tilbury said...

Lovely misting Pearl and you always come up with great ways to showcase that chipboard ;-D

Lynette said...

Stunning take on the sketch...you will always remain the queen of misting;-D

BabyBokChoy said...

I'm getting around to doing this sketch, it's on my desk, photos selected, and nothing is coming, lol. Your layout is terrific!

Metal_Minish said...

Amazing work, I'm always impressed when people manage to scrap many photos without it looking messy! I think I've max put three photos at once on one LO... XD

And btw, you're not wrong by calling Atari a "he". Have you read their profiles? Atari's genderless, yet I say "she", since Nino and Konami are such man-boys... XD
So I'm actually glad you call Atari "he", proves the androgynity I wanted is there! ;3

Jennifer said...

Pearl this is sooo beautiful! So amazing to get that many photos on a LO! The tags are terrific as is the misted title. Love the little alphas on the photos too. Beautiful jewels here too! :)

Monica said...

This is a fantastic layout!!
I love the misting details :0)

Audrey Pettit said...

Love this, Pearl! What an awesome photo collage.......so perfect for a class trip. Love the group shots and love that little crab! Great design, too. I really like your misted title and the way you used the MM chipboard. Fabulous!