Thursday, November 12, 2009

Twisted Sketches #23 / Kid Lit Challenge #8



This week with Twisted Sketches #23 -  the twist is "to use a Punch" - any how, any way!  
That's easy enough - I used 2 MS punches here - the loopy punch & a scallop . 
& a new challenge site discovered - Kiddie Lit -
a challenge blog with challenges inspired by children's literature. 
This month's challenge is to : 
Use GREEN
Include PLANTS- leaves OR flowers (either in your photos or in products)
Include a SECRET -hidden journaling or pics, or the word SECRET in your title.

For the journaling I used part of a poem : 

by Joseph Kallinger

I discovered a secret of life
in a single line of poetry.
That was a week ago.
Today, I celebrate a new week
yet have forgotten
what the secret was.




& a new happy  discovery I just made here - I can make my own Shimmerz type paint right at home !
We can't buy the Shimmerz brand at the moment in our stores here & I have been wondering about them.
I stumbled on a youtube link to get me started .
The ingredients are so simple - mod podge + Perfect Pearl Powder for me .

Supplies : 
Photography by Metal_Minish of
Prima Blooming Retro pps & pearls
Pink Paislee alphas

10 comments:

ellie said...

oh, I love that picture you used! And the flowers....just lovely! :D

Wati Basri said...

U are fast girl!!! This is lovely :)

BabyBokChoy said...

I haven't even done the LAST week's twisted sketch yet, I am watching way too much tv!!!

T.W said...

Love the poem you picked to this photo of li'l Nino! <3
Everything goes so well together on this LO; the colors, flowers, borders... everything! Wonderful work! ^-^

Janet's Joy said...

Thanks for playing at Twisted Sketches Pearl. You were FAST!!

Staci Taylor said...

I just saw this and so love it!! and very cool about making your own shimmerz - i can't wait to watch the link and check it out!

Rachel said...

wow this is stunning, very quick off the mark too, thanks for joining in with the sketch

Unknown said...

so cute, love it!!!

Miss Jaster said...

so pretty Pearl! Thanks for playing!

mandysea said...

oh my!!! this is just stunning!! Love your spray of flowers!!!