Friday, May 21, 2010

TCR#7 - Delight in your youth


I nearly chickened out of this color challenge 
but persevered in the end 
and am happy with this unusual color combo 
on my layout .


I have just got my hands on some MME So Sophie pps this week ,
some of which are so very vibrant - reds, oranges 
but certainly this terracota orange jumped out of the TCR palette
 & I knew I'd like to use one of the 
So Sophie pps & went for the diecut Celebrate. 
 I really liked it backed with the Charming "forever with you" botanical pp. 
I worked everything else in from there. 

 Rather tickled by Jing-Jing's choice of SEI Jocelyn , 
 I had a look at my scraps left over from making cards and a mini . 
& found the mustard yellow & dusky mauve within the papers .

The sketch is just right up my alley ,
in terms of using small geometric shapes - 
squares , rectangles - perfect for scraps 
or papers you might not have cut into otherwise .
( I have learnt ,to my great delight, 
that anything in small doses
 can come up with surprisingly nice results ) 

I just got hold of some scrunched vintage seam binding this week -
 &  definitely had some in pale dusky green.
Happy to put some to work here , 
inspired by Ronda Palazzari's LO.


14 comments:

Teri said...

Love what you did with this gorgeous colour palette, Pearl! Fab LO! :)

Jennifer Shaw said...

Hi Pearl! I was in the Color Room looking for you this afternoon and wondering what you would come up with! This is lovely!! I really like how you journaled within the patterned paper. I agree that these colour challenges really get us using up our scraps in amazing ways. I sat out last week's palette but this palette makes me think "Kioshi"! No surprise there!! I just have to figure out a photo that will work. May have to be a vintage B&W of me. I love your take on the sketch too. Just to let you know that it was trying to snow this evening. :( Teri, who is north of me had LOTS of snow today. Yeah, I need to work on that winter home in sunny Singapore!! :)

Melissa said...

This is such a great layout. All of the surrounding elements draw your eye right into the picture. Beautiful job. Thank you!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Stunning pages since my last visit, girl!!!
I have tried to comment a few times but stupid blogger just wouldn't have it!

my paper love studio said...

another gorgeous page and lovin the colors!!! ps. where did you get the ribbons? been looking for these tooooooo lol.

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love the layouts you create when you work of the color palettes. This one is so soft and dreamy;-)

Unknown said...

You are an inspirational scrapping machine! Great LO!

BabyBokChoy said...

Did you make the crinkled ribbon yourself? Hey, you know, first of all, the photo is just totally delightful and I think you did seriously fabulously digging into your stash, hee hee, after all, don't you think we have beautiful stash? :) love your take on this week's palette!!! fabulous, xxoo

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

How beautifully this turned out. I love those subtle colours and they go together wonderfully on your page.

Thank you so much foe your kind words on my blog. I will add some crafty-ness soon L) XX

Jennifer Shaw said...

Hi Pearl, LOL Yes, it is great weather for staying in and scrapping! or.... going for a warm latte or going to the local restauraunt/lounge for sheppard's pie! I did all three yesterday. ;) Today, I'm thinking more scrapping. We never did get snow but it is chilly. :(

Sindy said...

Love how you play with the color palette and come out with such a wonderful LO!

Kim said...

wow Pearl this is just so stunning...starts with taht fabulous photo, then your paper choices and all your little embellies...gorgeous

Audrey Pettit said...

awesome page, Pearl! You did an amazing job with these colors and the sketch. Think I would shy away from this combo, myself, but you did an excellent job with it. Really love that photo, too.

Ella Swan said...

Just gorgeous layout Pearl! Such an unusual colour combo but it really works & that minty scrunched seam binding is oh so funky! Just having a good old re-acquainting with your blog right now - so happy to be back on it!