Monday, May 17, 2010

The Scrappiest layout sketch 65




It seems my current great fave  is  the BG Capella
 combined with some Basic pp . 
I just find it so versatile and 
great with my everyday pics so far. 

A very interesting sketch to try this week - Sketch 65
I considered using 2 separate papers/cardstock
 for the diagonal block idea 
but settled on misting a dark color on the diagonal right half
of this BG Basic pp instead & love the effect !
It's rather subtle going from light to dark. 


I used a store bought crochet doily flower here ( with a Prima rosebud center ) 
& crochet trim, now that it's still the trend  . :) 

Another handmade flower idea using Webster's pages Bloomers 
& brown ruffled ribbon as the base. 

If you want to try the sketch and want to win that awesome kit from Scraptacular,
 simply link your creations to Mr. Linky  before the month is over. 
You could be this month's winner!

12 comments:

Kim said...

woot woot that little brown flower i sjustawesome, might just have to scraplift that idea, gorgeous as always Pearl

T.W said...

This is so beautiful! <3
The colors are so soft, and love those bubble-letters you used for the title, so cute! The diagonal misting looks so cool too~

Wish I could scrap some more everyday pics as well... Coming here is always inspiring... ^-^

tania said...

Love,love it!!
Beautiful photo too!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love the muted colors...and that lace trim is devine.

BabyBokChoy said...

Totally cute layout!! I love the picture of you :) You look so good!!!

Jennifer Shaw said...

I love the look of the Capella and the Basics!! Wonderful take on the sketch. Love the idea of the half misted sheet and the touches of flowers and crocheted ribbon is lovely!! Thank you for some wonderful inspiration!! :)

Christiane said...

simply gorgeous!! love your work!!

Renee Lamb said...

gorgeous girl!

Unknown said...

Love the sketch! Fabulous take!

Wendy Kwok said...

Pearl, this LO is beautiful. I love the layering of the bloomers on the WP trim and all the details. Amazing work!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a beautiful page, Pearl! I LOVE the Capella line....bought it, but haven't used it yet. Love it mixed here with the BG Basics paper. Now I'm wishing I didn't put that back at the store. ;) Love the mixture of flowers you've used, too. Love your idea of the Bloomer with the ruffled brown trim. Very, very nice!

Monique Liedtke said...

Love your take on the sketch!! So totally you!!! Love all the details you added!! And LOVE your new blog header!!!!!