Tuesday, May 04, 2010

she did it anyway


I saw this new release offered by Unity Stamps
 featuring Melody Ross' designs 
and went to work immediately on this birdcage that I had just got a hold of . 
Since i wasn't about to spend thousands of dollars, travelling thousands of miles 
across the world to the next Brave Girl Camp 
I did what I could by way of creative therapy for myself. 


There's so much here that I'm saying 
in this altered artform, 
yet without having to say a thousand words .
O the beauty of this art ! ;) 


I tried "floating" some butterflies around the cage 
on a strip of plastic transparency.


A little strip of paper, a few choice cut outs & charms for their symbolism 
and my little altered birdcage came to life fairly quickly.
Now I understand a little, how addictive 
playing with birdcages can be . 

12 comments:

tania said...

oh pearl!! this is beautiful:) i would love to make one like that, will have to go shop around for a cage. your's is very,very pretty, thanks so much for you comment on my blog and for my parcel on the way!! can't wait!!!

BabyBokChoy said...

Ama-FREAKING-ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer Shaw said...

Pearl, this is soooo beautiful!!! You are a true artist!!!! I am a scrapbooker!! LOL You should do more altered projects as you shine so brightly with such a true talent!! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!Pearl this is so elegantly `Beautiful` I love it!!!!
Fabulous work...TFI
Have a fab week:)xxx

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

I was so impressed to see your birdcage, Peal. It's so pretty! How clever to float the butterflies the way you did. Wow!

Unknown said...

I know it was already said but this is AMAZING!

Kim said...

SPEECHLESS

Wendy Kwok said...

I love the stamps... now I got to hunt for that. And that birdcage is stunning !

Lynette Jacobs said...

Oh my hat...this is so cute.

Trudi Harrison said...

Total work of art Pearl - love it, love it, LOVE IT!!
and how super cute is the little birdie

Jacque said...

This is super cute Pearl :)

Unknown said...

oh this is magnificent pearl! just beautiful!