Saturday, May 01, 2010

Happy NSD !


Webster's Pages' yummy bloomers and sparklers have finally landed on 
our sunny shores this week 
and 
I just have to use them quickly, of course ! ;) 

Piradee has a nice challenge going on over at our LSS Made with Love
to incorporate stitching , use our own handmade flowers & fabric in a layout .

My handmade flower is inspired by Audrey Pettit's example
the base flower is created using PP's artisan tape in houndstooth pattern
 & then I added the bloomer for the flower center & scraps for the leaves .
 Way to stretch these beautiful bloomers !!
The gingham yoyo is store bought .;) 

I couldnt resist adding some of those gorgeous sparklers as accents here ! 
The most beautiful vintage style buttons I've come across . 

Layout design inspired by Stuck Sketches - May 1st sketch. 



10 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

Beautiful beautiful photo and glorious page!!! The flowers are so wonderful!!!! And of course the misting :) :) :)

my paper love studio said...

wow.. you're super fast!! and i just love it - the splash of the color against the basic grey. ps. are you a user on SC? if not, please please please read my post today :)

Jennifer Shaw said...

Hi Pearl!! Yay, you hand stitched on your LO!!! I love your beautiful flowers and the sparklers are great! Wonderful take on the latest Stuck sketch. :) A busy day today and yet to scrap. :( Maybe tomorrow??? Hope you had a fun NSD! :)

Kim said...

OH gosh Pearl as I said over at STUCK this is just full of gorgeous girl goodness, your flowers are just soooooo pretty

Christiane said...

this is eyecatching, pearl!! love all the kraft-goodies!!

Unknown said...

Love your take on the sketch! Far month simple than you normally do. Love every inch of it though ;)

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, this is beautiful, Pearl! Love the combination of goodies on here. You're making me wish I didn't put back that BG basics paper at the LSS the other day. ;) Love the touches of hand-stitching on here, the sprinkling of the buttons, and the journaling envelope. And how fun that you tried out my flower. It looks wonderful!

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Beautiful!! Is there hidden journaling inside the envelope? That's a lovely touch :)

Unknown said...

oh yes, i'm loving this!

T.W said...

Vintage meets grunge... This is so cool!