Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Happy H*owl*oween !

I was thinking about how to use the Cottage Cutz Broom Mini die  on a project 
and when I saw this scalloped journal die cut 
by Doodlebug Design a little lightbulb went off. 

I diecut a dark grey Owl mini from patterned paper and adhered it unto the the scalloped diecut,sitting it on the branch/broomstick. 
Then I trimmed off a smaller orange owl from Cottage Cutz' Spooky Frame w/Owl die , 
sitting it on our Broom mini diecut
and viola , here's wishing you "Happy H*owl*oleen"! 
These mini diecuts were sure made to be "scene" ! lol ! 
Hope this gives you ideas for piecing together other fun scenes 
that you can think of this Halloween ! 



In September,Cottage Cutz released  some darling new Christmas designs -
 about 15 in all ! & they are shipping now ! 
Guess what our October release is ? - 
 14 adorable new designs that are Fall themed ! 
I'm just so thrilled to see all the new designs 
that I had to whip up something Fall inspired too , for today. 

I started my card design here with the Halloween Lamp Post w/sign die 
and cut a dark brown lamp post out of self adhesive cardstock.
Then I added a pumpkin , cut out of Crate Paper's Farmhouse pp, using the My Little Shoebox Spooky Treats die. The leaves in the patterned paper inspired me to use the Pink Peony and Orchid Flower dies, inking some of the leaves for better definition. 


As always , we have a 25% savings offer when you order the entire release Bundle
This new Fall release ships Oct 17th. 


3 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Such cute, cute cards, Pearl! Your use of these little dies is just so darn creative. I just love the owls flying on their brooms. That paper is adorable and the scalloped die cut makes the perfect moon. I so love how you did the sentiment and highlighted the "owl". And totally adorable fall card, too. Love the light post and love that pumpkin. Very creative use of the flower leaves. :)

Jennifer Shaw said...

Such sweet cards and you are rocking the die cuts! Love the word play on the first one! So creative!!

Eila Sandberg said...

Super cute cards and how fab you are with the dies! my special fave is the one with the lamp post, über cute! You really are such a wizz with the cardmaking Pearl! haven't done any in ages but me thinks I have to sett off some time for X-mas cards next weekend. Hugs, E