Sunday, September 11, 2011

"Never Forgotten. Forever Grateful " / Halloween Treat Box

It's Sept 11 : I just want to say that even here in Singapore, 
we remember 9/11 . Our hearts and prayers are with America and all our American friends. Praying for  worldwide safety and appreciating the  resilience of America in moving forward with hope and confidence. 
--------------------------------------------------------

Today , I want to share a quick treat box/bag project which can be mass produced in quick time  .
I have decorated both sides of my box to show the scale of some of Cottage Cutz' Halloween dies on this type of box .  
My assembled Accucut box size is about 6x4" . 
You may prefer to use inexpensive , store bought  ready made bag/boxes . 

For this side of the box , I have used the 4x6 Haunted House Border die 
and I diecut the design using self adhesive cardstock to spend less time applying adhesive. 




I went to town with some stickles here - Black Distressed Stickles - for the rough texture , Blue and Green stickles too for added sparkle and color. 


For the other side of my box , I used the Spooky Frame with Owl . 




I love using patterned paper to die cut in the colors that I prefer for the project . 
Then to add depth I simply ink in the colors I want - in this case I used Walnut Stain distress ink . A little Black distressed stickles and I'm done . 

All the patterned papers used here 
are from the latest Trick or Treat collection from My Little Shoebox. 

2 comments:

Kim said...

love the purple black and orange

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh! You KNOW I am in love with this treat box, Pearl! So, so cute! Those die cuts are so intricate and beautiful. You are so clever to use self-adhesive cardstock for them. LOVE the added detailing with Stickles. Absolutely adorable!