Tuesday, April 03, 2007

DCM Mid Week extras - Vintage card

Well, we've got another retro themed challenge, but this time we'd like you to go way, way back and think Vintage. We'd like you to make a card with a vintage theme, or maybe a modern card but using some vintage elements, so some of those gorgeous "vintage" style rubber stamps would be wonderful, or you could use old paper, photos, an old buckle, some old beads, bits of old lace - the whole history of the world is your oyster for this one!
====================





using bits & bobs received from dear Kathy
:
From Kathy : real 1960's pink retro tag !!!fabric newsprint , primas, ribbons
& I added Daisy D Modern Romance monogram alphas & die cut
Also enjoyed trying out some new inks - Purple pearlescent Brilliance Ink for eg on the Letter L

9 comments:

Gillian said...

Oh Beautiful.. Vintage with a Twist of Pearl... Just love it!..

Kathy said...

oh I love your take on the theme, the colours are just scrummy

Sarah said...

Great colours on this card Pearl, love that tag!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Lovely card Pearl - you always sue such fab embellies!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Fab card Pearl. I love those colours. Have a great time.x

Jo said...

This is fab. I love it :)

jo xx

artfulstampin said...

I love your take on it, real retro vntage! Lovely colours.

Rika said...

Beautiful card, love the colors you used!

Card Bored Kitty! said...

Try as I might, I just can't 'do' vintage! So, I shall just have to admire delicious designs like yours instead! I love this one...well done!