Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Altering Patterned Paper


Inspired by Lucy Edson's tutorial over
a technique challenge blog

I altered my base DCWV Safari Chic cardstock
as follows :

Dry painting with dark brown acrylic paint,
stamping in brilliance rust red ink using a round Fontwerks stamp ,
stamping with off white acrylic paint using Glitz Designs polka dot roller doodles,
when everything was dry I also painted the edges of the cardstock with corduroy crackled paint.
And gold & ice stickles were added to some of the off white dots .

Thanks for the inspo , Lucy !


7 comments:

Chris said...

Wow stunning work Pearl and I bet you sooooo enjoyed getting messy. I love splurging with paint but sadly don't do enough of it... always getting sidetracked with other things.
Love your layout hun. Way to go!!
hugs
Chris xx

Terrie B x said...

Completley aggree with Chris..
Stunningly Beautiful Pearl...
love paint!!!TFI...
Have a lovely Day :) x

BabyBokChoy said...

Keep it up, coz I ain't doing it! holy moley, that's a LOT of work, LOL!!! I'll just sit back and sip my tea and enjoy YOU doing it :) :) :)

NancyJones said...

what a brilliant job girly! ughmm ya that is alot of work but it looks sooooooooooooooo awesome!!!

Bethany Kartchner said...

Ohhh that is great! I love what you did. It looks like you had a lovely time. The results are fab too! Thanks for playing along! :)

Lucy Edson said...

You are so welcome, Pearl!!

Your background looks wonderful!! Love the layers of paint and stamping!!

Peggy said...

Wow, that background is gorgeous! I love all that you did, and that crackle paint gives such a neat effect! Beautiful LO!
xxx Peggy