Wednesday, March 21, 2007

My first altered cd card - thank u


Inspired by Sarah's round card !



http://stashstashandmorestash.blogspot.com/



I decided to try an altered cd card project with my some of new Prima goodies .
Supplies : New Urban Lily paper ( the black & white pp )
Bazzill Bling CS
Ribbon - from Gill ? ( not sure - it looks like AC )
Prima Sprites
Prima Say it with Crystals
Making Memories Clip & Brad ( Valentine range )
Provocraft letter stickers
You can glue the paper down or use mod podge - but for me I love my 3M A/F double sided tape .
The papers were hand cut to fit the CD - simple trace unto your choice of paper & with your tool of choice - lol ( scissors or craft knife etc ) cut out -
I hand trimmed the excess paper after taping it down .
a circle cutter would probably be best if you prefer cleaner lines but I havent tried that yet .


5 comments:

Sarah said...

Pearl, ooh love the altered cd! Thanks for using my card as inspiration. Might have a go at a cd myself.

Susan said...

Wow! I haven't seen one of these before! What a great idea! Did you glue paper onto it? Or is that paint on half and paper on th eother half?

Paula said...

Beautiful card.
My friend Eleni is the altered CD Queen & I made a gift tag from an old CD at crimble!!

Chris said...

Gorgeous cd... I have only ever done one... think I may have to do another now :)

Gillian Hamilton said...

Pearl this is super scrummy!!!!
just love it... gorgeous with the bling...
yes I think that's some of the ribbon I sent you :o)