Friday, April 24, 2009

Flavor of the Week : BG Lime Rickey



My fave collection from Basic Grey this past 12 months I have to say ! 
I quickly whipped up 3 layouts ,much to my surprise.
 I have so many already printed photos that go with the papers . 
Such a hoot ! So versatile is this collection ! 
Suits so many themes - not necessarily  only summery ones. 
Some of my old fave BG patterns have been revived in this collection 
& given new vibrant colors.  

This one is for OLW's Journey 
using a Liz Qualman's sketch for inspo. 

Life can only be understood backwards, 
but it must be lived forwards.""

     - Soren Kierkegaard


Having more fun using Glimmer Mist to mask .

Almost everything is BG Lime Rickey except for 
Donna Downey's Canvas Flower for Prima
stickles , Jazz Blue Glimmer Mist 

I found this fun Lime Rickey recipe , must let my kids try it : 

Cool lime rickeys are a refreshing way to quench your thirst, but you can change the flavor of this recipe simply by blending your favorite flavored syrups.

Ingredients

  • 1 lime, quartered
  • 8 fluid ounces carbonated water
  • 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger raspberry syrup

Cooking Instructions

  1. Fill a tall glass with ice. Squeeze each of the lime wedges into glass, and drop in. Fill glass nearly to the top with carbonated water, and top with raspberry syrup.

6 comments:

SUE said...

Pearl that is beautiful - I agree a fab collection

Tricia said...

first of all....YUM YUM YUM
Secondly, that paper line is GORGEOUS and you did great with it! I sometimes find BG intimidating but obviously it isn't intimidating for yoU!!! I love that layout! what is that flower element?

BabyBokChoy said...

Hey, how did you do the flower? Thanks for doing Lime Rickey, I got the collection and plan to dig into it soon enough... if only time grows on trees... lol

kim-paperbabe said...

Fantastic layout Pearl, Love your freedom and great composition with the bright papers! ♥ all the little details... really fabby fabric flower! ♥ HuGs Kim x

Terrie B x said...

Absolute `Beautiful` Pearl...i Totally aggree with Kim...
Only wish I could write down better what I mean to say!!!!
Do ya know what I mean???
Have a lovely Saturday Pearl..lotsa love:)♥

twinklescrapbooks said...

Love the Lime Rickey. :)
tina