Saturday, November 25, 2006

DCM - Doodle Do !




This week's darer is Jo and your challenge is to make a card along any theme, colour, shape, size, etc.
but it must incorporate....

Doodling!
----------------------
Every year at my daughter's art class - they are asked to make seasonal greeting cards .
( paint , draw etc )
The art teacher, Mrs Yong , is also a designer for some greeting card companies in the UK & Australia.
& she sure has some original designs for them every year!
Below are 2 cards drawn by my 11 year old daughter , Deborah
at the last art class for the year.
Their theme this year is Christmas with a humourous twist.

cards were mounted on DCWV cardstock -

couldn't resist adding some peel offs to the 1st one

( got them from the UK ! )

satin ribbon added to the 2nd.

my own first tentative attempt ,inspired by the Design Team !

( learnt a load overnight ! from each & every one's cards )

Heidi Swapp chipboard letters , BG papers

It's nice to try out this doodling idea that we so often see in layouts these days -

doodling on everything & everywhere !

15 comments:

Gillian Hamilton said...

Hi Pearl,
Just want to say first to Deborah, well done on your great drawings. Keep it up you have a real talent. (love your sense of humour)
Pearl, I just love your 'joy' card it's great.. really nice design, lovely doodling!!!!

Lythan said...

Great cards - and your daughter's drawings are great!

Kathy said...

Gosh, I wish I could draw as well as Deborah can!
Please let her know how impressed we are, won't you?
Secondly, I love your card, I really like the stylish and simple layout it looks so clean and crisp and really grabs your attention..

Kathy said...

Gosh, I wish I could draw as well as Deborah can!
Please let her know how impressed we are, won't you?
Secondly, I love your card, I really like the stylish and simple layout it looks so clean and crisp and really grabs your attention..

Anonymous said...

Your daughter must have had fun doing those drawings - I think they capture the mischief in mythical Santa really well. Love your Joy card - this is the real spirit of Christmas for me. What a lovely idea ot start with three circles and put the letters on them - must try that one!

BondGirl said...

Fantastic card, I love the simple and classy, clean lines of it. Modern and fresh. And I am loving monograms at the moment. Your daughter is a very talented artist

Anonymous said...

Love your daughters Santa drawings, theyre just fab, and your doodled monogram letters are gorgeous, so stylishly simple, love it! Rhi x

Anonymous said...

The crafty talent is obviously in the family... Great cards (by both)

Maisymary's Findings said...

Thank you everyone for your very kind comments. Deborah is very encouraged ! & yeah will certainly continue doodling too ! that's why I bought the white Chipboard letters - easy to alter & change the colours etc.

xo, Pearl

Debbie said...

Wow Pearly - you and your daughter make a fab team - what fantastic cards - thanks so much for joining in again :-)

Debbie
xxxxxx

LisaBabe said...

Love these cards, Pearl - expecially the Joy one - it's really striking.

xoxo

Rachel said...

fantastic cards from you and your daughter - she is very talented x

Anonymous said...

Great cards....WTG!

Paula said...

Wow, doesn't she draw well, puts me to shame!!
Love your cards too, very nice.
Glad you are joining in with us.

Anonymous said...

Fab cards

Tracey xx