Friday, January 12, 2007

My Word for 2007 - going along with the AE zine

Thanks to Paula ( http://minibookpixie.blogspot.com ) I found my word for 2007 !

ChAnGe !

inspired by her altering the Q&Co fontastics to suit her layout ! lol


I will just do this blog entry to celebrate the theme having found Inspiration Peak ! ( http://www.inspirationpeak.com)

Here's a few quotes to set me thinking :



To change one's life: Start immediately.
Do it flamboyantly.
No exceptions.

William James
American Professor and Philosopher



The world we have created is a product of our thinking.
It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.

Albert Einstein
German-born Theoretical Physicist


Deep down inside
we know that the best gifts
don't come from catalogs or shopping malls
They don't come in brightly-colored packages
or fancy envelopes
and they're not sitting under a tree somewhere...
The best gifts come from the heart.
They come when we look at each other
REALLY look at each other
and say 'You mean a lot to me'
or 'I'm so glad you're a part of my life'
A gift like that will never go out of style
or be forgotten
or be returned for a different size.
A gift like that can change the world.

Ron Atchison
The Mayor of Inspiration Peak

If it is peace you want, seek to change yourself, not
other people. It is easier to protect your feet with slippers than
to carpet the whole of the earth.

Anthony de Mello



The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do.

It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company ...a church ...a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past ...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way.

We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ...I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes.

Charles Swindoll




One Life
Author Unknown


One SONG can spark a moment
One FLOWER can wake the dream
One TREE can start a forest
One BIRD can herald spring
One SMILE begins a friendship
One HANDCLASP lifts a soul
One STAR can guide a ship at sea
One WORD can frame the goal
One VOTE can change a nation
One SUNBEAM lights a room
One CANDLE wipes out darkness
One LAUGH will conquer gloom
One STEP must start each journey
One WORD must start a prayer
One HOPE will raise our spirits
One TOUCH can show you care
One VOICE can speak with wisdom
One HEART can know what is true
One LIFE can make a difference.


(I'm kinda surprised I found this by Mother Teresa )

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is bliss, taste it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.

Mother Teresa
Catholic Nun,
MissionaryNobel Peace Prize Recipient

2 comments:

Paula J Atkinson said...

Beautiful quotes for your chosen word. I'm glad I inspired you.
I look forward to seeing you craft with your word.

The comment above mine on this post looks a little bit dodgy to me.
Be careful when you check them out.

Rhi said...

Great quotes for your word, thanks for the quote you left on my blog, I love it! Rhi x