Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Happy Mail Day ! World Cup , YOG ...




our Monday evening !
Long awaited by my kids for the vuvuzela 
& all the sweeties !!! 
Fortunately none of my neighbours complained 
about any additional noise coming from our home that evening 
as the kids took turns to blast away . lol . 

Alas , World Cup is a rather distant memory for us here ,
as Singapore hosts the inaugural Youth Olympics, underway now until Aug 26th ! 


Here's a layout I created ,acknowledging the YOG spirit . 
Inspired by the Color Room Palette #19. 
Pics taken at one of our airport terminals - 
there's lots of activities around our island celebrating the YOG ,
including this mini bungee jump . 

Helen included some of her own crochet flowers in her World Cup RAK 
& I put quickly put some to work here : 
Thanks much , hun !!! 






really sweet these flowers are ! 
almost makes me want to take up crochet now ! ;) 

9 comments:

Kim said...

wonderful Pearls, su beautiful and shabby cards and simple and streamlined layout...perfect as always

Anonymous said...

Hi Pearl Yum Yum...
`stunningly beautiful Lo and `Stunningly beautiful` cards too
always a pleasure..
Have a fab weekend my `friend`:)xxx

BabyBokChoy said...

I love that layout and I look forward to you picking up crochet!!! :)

ellen s. said...

oh gosh those cards are works of art! beautiful!!!!!!!

Coochies & All said...

Wow - Pearl - absolutely gorgeous cards!! Your work just keeps getting better and better - congrats!
elaine t

Lynette Jacobs said...

Beautiful...you are becoming a professional card maker...wow!

Blow that vuvuzela and think of us in South Africa.

xx

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, wow, wow,Pearl!!! Those cards are amazing! Stunning! I SOOOOOO love it when you create vintage projects. You are sooooo good at them, my friend.
Very fun page, too. Bungee jumping at the airport? How cool is that? Love your use of that color scheme.

Ella Swan said...

Aaaah Pearl it's only a pleasure my dear ;-D And you have used the crochet flowers very beautifully! And cool that you have the Youth Olympics there hey!

Unknown said...

oh man, those crochet flowers!!!!