Thursday, July 22, 2010

Pretties etc


Last week , I was blessed to receive
 these lovely hand dyed crochet doilies 
in the mail all the way from NSW, Australia
 from the lovely Sandra Gerdes 
an Australian Scrapbooking Master( 2006) -
{just to mention one of a million crafty talents she has ! ;) }
 Check out her blog  here to see what I mean 


I couldn't wait to make some cards with these pretties - 
here's one I  finished today .
I've also used the latest Making Memories'
 metal embellies to complete the card .



I have used an MM  embossed star charm,
a  metal flower on top of the scrunched ribbon
 & a glittery copper deco brad for the doily center-
all freshly brought home from our LSS  today ! ;)

I didn't have the heart to cover up the pink doily too much -
I thought the pattern has such wonderful, pretty details ! 


I am loving the combo of MM's embellies 
with this WRMK Tiffany papers . 
Again , to show off the lovely doily patterns I have used 2 together here,
with an MM pearl brad to finish the flower off .

Sandra has the most reasonably priced hand dyed crochet doilies at the mo - 
be sure to check out her etsy store here .


Here's a sampling of other colors she has in store : 



Thank you soo much , Sandra,  for the very happy mail ! 










10 comments:

Scrapthat said...

You did Sandra's beautiful dollies beautiful justice Pearl!! TFS :)

BabyBokChoy said...

These doilies are beautiful and your card is totally darling! great job!

tania said...

how lucky are you!! they are beautiful and your card even more:)

Audrey Pettit said...

Oooh, those are gorgeous, Pearl! Love the crocheted doilies and your cards using them are amazing! The papers you chose to go with them are just perfect, I think. Love how you layered the doilies and added the brad centers. SO beautiful!

Unknown said...

Oh man! Loveliness everywhere here! Great use of the doilies! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sugar.and.Spice.Designs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra said...

Love what you have done with the doilies Pearl and thank you for your kind words, that was lovely of you.
I am so pleased you like them, have fun.

Kim said...

gorgeous gorgeous Pearl, you have used the doilies beautifully

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

I can see why it would have been hard to resist using these :) They are lovely! Your cards look amazing. Thanks for the links to Sandra's shop too.

Lynette Jacobs said...

These doilies are so beautiful...love the card.